Everything I read about the local food talked about "hearty" meals of meat and soup. Salamanca known for its black pig, Segovia for it's roasted pig and Burgos for it's roasted lamb. I had a nice lentil soup with chorizo for lunch one day and of course all the various pork we eat in Salamanca, but once we reached Burgos I had to try the lamb. Now most people don't like lamb because it usually has a gamey taste, but this wasn't at all. We later found out the reason is because they are only milked feed baby lambs that never eat grass. Absolutely wonderful, and moist, which I credited to the roasting oven they use.
We had the best seafood in southern Spain and were thinking we wouldn't find much if any on this trip so when we saw mussels and grilled calamari on the chalkboard we had to try. The calamari riveled that of what we had in the south, which was such a pleasant surprise.
As for dessert, I was about to give up as I'm not much of a flan fan and the other most common option, rice pudding, was always too runny for my liking. Then last night I had fried custered with cinnamon and chocolate ice cream, to die for. Guess I'll have to keep trying to see if I can top that!
Last but not least, breakfast in Spain, churros. That fried dough dipped in melted chocolate, the only thing not to love is what it's doing to my waistline.
The roasted lamb
Grilled calamari
Pinchos - tuna paste with bacon on top and a fried zucchini with some jamon
Desert
Breakfast Churros & chocolate





I'm going to scream at Google! >:/
ReplyDeleteVery pretty presentation and the food looks wonderful. You might just start cooking Patty!!